When you’re looking for love, how do you know if you’ve found it?
As someone who has been on both sides of the equation (as a person who’s been searching for love and as someone who’s been searching for a partner), I can tell you that there are definite signs you’ll know when you meet your soulmate.
However, before we get into all of that, let me start with an important disclaimer that everyone should read first.
1. They Share Similar Values
This one is pretty straightforward. If two people share similar values, they will have a lot more in common than just having similar interests. For example, if you value independence and self-sufficiency over being dependent on another person, you will have difficulty finding someone who shares those values.
The best way to figure out whether or not you’re compatible with someone else is by asking yourself these questions:
- Do you agree with their political views?
- Do you think they care about the environment?
- Are you friends with their friends?
- Would you date them even if they had terrible hygiene?
2. Their Communication Style Matches
When it comes to communication, compatibility is also key. If you and your partner don’t communicate well, you may never find what you’re looking for.
Here are some ways to improve your communication skills: Listen to each other. Don’t interrupt each other when you speak.
Learn to be assertive without being rude.
Be open to new experiences together.
Try to avoid fighting.
Don’t expect too much from each other.
Of course, there’s no perfect formula for finding a good relationship. But if you practice these things consistently, you’ll be able to build better relationships with others.
3. The Two Of Them Have A Sense of Humor Together
There’s nothing more attractive than someone who can make you laugh. If you’re laughing at each other’s jokes, you have a great chance of finding a lasting relationship.
You can also take this one step further to help determine whether you’re compatible with someone else. Ask yourself:
- Do you enjoy watching funny movies together?
- Does the person you want to spend time with crack you up every once in a while?
- Is it easy to see the humor in their quirks?
4. There’s No One Else In This World Who Makes Her Feel Like She Does.
We all have different likes and dislikes, but when it comes to the people we care about, there’s only one person we feel this way toward. If you’ve ever gotten butterflies in your stomach when you saw them walk into a room, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
If you’re wondering if they make you feel special, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel like she’s the only girl in the world who could make you smile?
- Can you imagine spending the rest of your life with her?
- Is she the person you want to wake up next to every morning?
5. When It Comes To Relationships & Love, He Has All The Answers
At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable around your partner. If you’re constantly second-guessing yourself, you’re probably wasting your time.
If you have any doubts about whether or not you’re ready to commit to someone, try asking yourself these questions:
- Do you trust him/her enough to be vulnerable?
- Do you feel safe with him/her?
- Are you happy with the relationship?
- Do you feel like you’re growing closer together?
- Is he/she your best friend?
If you answer yes to all of these questions, you probably already have your soulmate.
In the meantime, if you’re still searching for your soulmate, keep reading below for more advice on how to find love online. And if you’re looking for a little inspiration, check out these 10 Signs That You Should Stop Dating Him Right Now!
And if you’d like to learn more about the science behind attraction, check out our guide to understanding attraction in relationships.