Improve Your Business, Relationship, Health, and Achieve Financial Freedom One Bite at a Time
Life is what you make of it. However, in order to live the best life possible, you need to look deep within yourself. You need to make sure you are doing everything in your power to make the most of your days. This involves analyzing your idea of life fulfillment. It involves increasing your chance of success and productivity. Mostly, it involves improving your sense of self worth. Self-improvement is as easy as simply getting up a few minutes early, rearranging your schedule or letting yourself laugh. However, sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin on your journey towards self improvement. This is why we have outlined 110 self-improvement tips that will improve your relationship, increase your productivity and enhance your outlook in all aspects of your life. From health and relationship to finance and career, we have the tips to make improve your sense of self and advance your successes in life.
Health and Fitness Self-Improvement Tips
There’s no better place to start self-improvement than with your health. After all, health is one of the most important aspects of life. Taking care of your health is the first step on the road to self-improvement.
1. Eat breakfast- start the day off right with a quick morning breakfast. Fruit and yogurt, granola and milk or whole-wheat toast and peanut butter will ensure you start on the right foot.
2. Relax in the morning- get up a couple minutes early and savoir that extra time. Enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise; take a few extra minutes to yourself in the shower; or go for a quick brisk walk around the block to get your heart pumping. There’s nothing worse than starting your day in a rush. A few minutes in the morning can make a world of difference.
3. Exercise with a friend- Exercise releases endorphins, which can lift your spirit as well as help you maintain a healthy weight. However, sometimes it can be hard to get out of bed and actually hit the gym. Combining your friendly chatter with exercise can make exercise much more fun. Working out with a friend, whether this is a morning stroll, a spin class, an evening run or anything else, can keep you motivated and revved for the rest of the day.
4. Don’t just drink water, enjoy water- tap water is fine, in most instances, but pure water makes a big difference. It’s important to drink 2 liters of water each day; however, this shouldn’t seem like a chore. Add some ice cubes, cordial and enjoy water through a fun straw to make it more indulgent. Water doesn’t have to be just water.
5. Pop a vitamin a day- it’s amazing what one little pill can do for your health. Multi vitamins can give your body the nourishment it is lacking. We can’t eat perfect balanced and healthy all the time, which is why vitamins were created.
6. Hide (or throw away) the scale- a scale is the only ingredient you need for a recipe for disaster when it comes to self-improvement. Hide it. Throw it away and don’t think about it. You have more important things to worry about than your weight. If you feel great on the inside, then it will show on the outside, regardless of what that darned scale says.
7. Stop Smoking- quitting is hard; not quitting is even harder. If you are a smoker, start small and get the help you need. Limiting your cigarette intake is the first step to a healthier you and an improved lifestyle.
8. Aim for 30- 30 minutes of exercise each day is recommended by health professionals. This includes simple changes to your lifestyle like incorporating a walk into your evening activities, taking the stairs instead of the elevator and riding your bike to work once and a while.
9. Stretch- stretching can keep your muscles feeling relaxed and also helps to relieve stress.
10. Follow the food guide- The health professionals made the daily food chart for a reason. Try to get 2 servings of fruit, five servings of fruit, dairy and protein each day.
11. Reward yourself (in moderation)- a weekly treat is necessary for all your hard work to remain healthy. Treat yourself to something you love like low fat ice cream or chocolate. On the path to self-improvement, there is always time to stop and eat dessert.
12. Accept the aging process- many people have trouble coming to terms with their body’s changes as they age. It’s important to understand that aging is a natural process. Learn to love your wrinkles, your grey hair and your less-than-tight skin. George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Demi Moore, Sharon Stone and Brad Pitt are all over 40, and they have never looked better!
Do This “Morning Detox Trick” BEFORE Breakfast To Burn 1.2lbs Daily
13. Limit your alcohol intake- having a glass of wine with dinner is fine; however, when you are drinking a bottle of wine a night, or, even worse, binge drinking, then you are causing serious damage to your body. If you are going to drink, drink responsibility. Make sure you have a designated driver or cab ride and drink plenty of water throughout the night.
14. Don’t neglect your oral hygiene- make it a habit to brush, floss and use sugar-free, alcohol-free mouthwash daily. Make a trip to the dentist once a year too. No one likes going to the dentist- but no one wants to lose his or her teeth either.
15. De-stress- remaining healthy is not just about go, go, go. You also need to stop, relax and re-stress. Stress is unavoidable at some times. The best way to deal with stress is to push away from it for a few minutes, let your body relax, and then tackle it head on.
16. Invest in Sleep- you don’t need us to tell you how important sleep is. This is why it’s a good idea to reward yourself at night with expensive sheets, a perfectly firm mattress and cosy down covers. Your bed is your battery recharge. Make sure it’s in tip-top condition.
17. Get creative with food- variety is the spice of life, and this couldn’t be truer than in the kitchen. Share recipes with friends, check online cooking forums and have fun with your food. You can still eat a healthy (and affordable) diet that doesn’t just consist of brown rice, grilled chicken and salad. Spice it up!
18. If you get sick, then be sick- so many people attempt to work through their illness. Stop. If you are sick, then stay in bed. Getting sick is your body’s way on telling you that you are working too hard. You will feel better faster if you just accept the illness and take a break. Plus, you will not be contaminating those around you. So grab some ginger ale, Kleenex and the DVD player and let your body heal!
Spirit, Mind and Soul Self-Improvement Tips
It’s not just about your body. In order to improve yourself, you need to improve your mind, spirit and soul as well.
19. Develop tolerance and patience- people make mistakes. The first step to finding peace with society and improving your self is by developing tolerance for those things around you.
20. Meditate- try to make time to meditate for 15 minutes each day. If you don’t like the idea of meditating, practice taking deep breaths once a day. This can help with circulation and ease your level of stress.
21. Volunteer- volunteering for a good cause is not only good for your self-improvement, but also for others. Find something you are passionate about and look towards volunteering your time or some money. There are thousands of charities and organizations that would love your help including the SPCA, Breast Cancer Awareness and the Salvation Army.
22. Discover the Secret- the Secret is not something that everyone buys into. However, some of the messages are vital to self-improvement. You control your own future. For more self-improvement help through self-healing, consider looking into other spiritual self-medicating books that can provide relief for your mind and spirit.
23. Write down your Thoughts- writing not only stimulates your brain activity but it also acts as a great de-stressor. Keep a journal so you can record your thoughts if you are feeling down. Invest in a well-made journal to increase your creative juices.
24. Read- Find some time on the weekend to curl up on the couch with a good book. This simple pleasure is not just relaxing, it is also stimulating.
25. Think Positive- Positive thoughts lead to positive results. Surround yourself with positive energy and this energetic vibe will be released into your lifestyle and daily habits.
26. Plan ahead- there are certain things in life that just happen. They are annoying and frustrating but that’s just the way it is. This may include a traffic jam on your way to work or a long line at the post office. If you are prepared for these things, then you will be able to handle these annoying situations a lot better. Give yourself an extra 20 minutes to get to work to allow for the rush hour traffic. It’s a lot better for your self-improvement to be sitting in your car thinking “good thing I planned ahead and left 20 minutes early” rather than honking the horn and swearing for being late.
27. Think about a getting a pet- a dog or a cat can provide unconditional love and support, which can lead to self-improvement. They will lift your spirits in more ways than can be expressed. Dogs can motivate you to exercise and are always around for a cuddle. However, before you consider a pet, make sure you have the financial security and freedom to look after the constant demands of a pet, especially a dog.
28. Be generous- selfishness and self-improvement do not mix. Think about others beside yourself and share your wealth.
29. Stimulate your brain- grab a crossword puzzle or enjoy the Sudoku in your morning newspaper on the commute to work. These fun little games are quick to do and keep your mind sharp.
Become a Pure Reiki Healing Master
30. Find daily alone time- between work, the kids, your spouse and your friends, it might seem like you don’t get a single moment to yourself. Find that moment. This could just be shutting the doors and taking a 20 minute bath. You need to find time to reflect and relax and this is best done by yourself.
31. Pamper yourself- Self-improvement includes getting rid of those daily kinks. The best way to sooth the stress away is with a deep therapeutic massage. If you cannot afford a monthly massage, then look to your spouse or partner and swap massages. Buy oil, light candles and turn your living room into a spa.
32. Drink Tea- Tea has calming powers that can do wonders for your spirit. Try chamomile or green tea and indulge in the tantalizing tastes and natural goodness.
33. Smile and make eye contact- let your facial expressions do the talking. A smile and eye contact with a stranger can release a spark within you and also brighten up someone else’s day.
34. Find time to catch up with friends and family- sometimes our schedule gets so busy that we simply cannot fit in family and friends. This can lead to serious woes and a lack of self-fulfillment. You need to find a balance between work and play. Take a late lunch to catch up with your friends. It’s hard to stay in touch but it’s important to try.
35. Forgive others- Forgiveness is not something you can just switch on and off. It can take time to forgive someone, especially if you were really hurt. However, forgiveness starts deep within you and is one of the most important steps of self-improvement. If you can find it within yourself to forgive, then you are proving to yourself that you are growing stronger.
36. Forget wrong doings- the past is the past. In order to self improve, you need to move on. Forget about those problems that are holding you back. They are in the past for the reason. Step away from that heavy burden and look towards the future.
37. Invest in Aromatherapy candles- aromatherapy candles are not expensive and can really lift your mood.
38. Do something for someone else- improve your sense of self by thinking about someone else. The little things make all the difference for improving your self worth, and lifting other’s moods.
39. Stop trying to control the things you simply cannot- this is a big one. The Universe works in mysterious ways. You need to accept what has been given to you and stop trying to change what hasn’t. Acceptance is the key to self-improvement.
Self-Improvement and Productivity in the Working Environment
Your career takes up more than 1/3rd of your life. Most people work at least 40 hours each week. This is why career success lies so heavily on the other aspects of your life. If you are not fully satisfied with your success in the work place, this can negatively impact your entire self worth. This is why it’s so important to gain control of your career success in order to gain control of your self-improvement.
40. Ask questions- in order to get ahead, you need to know what you are doing and what you can do differently. You need to take control of your career and ask the right questions. Talk to your co-workers and your bosses about moving up and gaining control of your job.
41. Determine your skills- when it comes to self-improvement in the work place, you need to determine what makes you a good worker. What thrills you? What interests you? What are you good at? Perhaps you are a good writer; perhaps you are a great salesperson. You need to find dig deep within yourself and determine your strengths, which will lead to a dream career.
42. Prioritize- at work it’s important to prioritize what needs to be done now and later. It can be easy to do the simple tasks first and push the harder tasks to another day. However, this is going to just bring you more stress in the end. To improve your work schedule, you need to set deadlines and meet these.
43. Keep a schedule- many people carry around a diary or a calendar of their meetings and things that need to be done. This is one of the most important things you can do to keep control of your tasks and make the day run smoother. Do not just schedule work-related events; keep one step ahead of all your daily chores and errands. If you see what needs to be done, the workload can be a lot less overwhelming. Just take it one step at a time.
44. Make a To Do list- at home and on the job, To-do lists are one of the most effective ways to get things done. Make a list of everything, from cleaning the house and laundry, to writing that report and making the presentation at work. One of the best things about To-Do lists is that you get to check off each item once it is finished. Seeing what you have accomplished throughout the day with checked To-Do lists is liberating and therapeutic. It can improve your self-confidence and your stimulate motivation to get the job done.
45. Accept your weaknesses and work towards strengthening them everyone has weakness. While some people cannot spell without a computer spell check, others are terrified of public speaking. Accept your weaknesses and then work towards strengthening them. You may need to attend a course, put in extra hours and ask for help from your superiors, but all of these things can improve your self-esteem and break the barriers of your weaknesses.
46. Stay away from those distractions- Attention Facebook, MySpace, and MSN users- step away from the social networking! For those who work in an office environment where you are constantly on the computer (and internet), it can be a challenge to stay away from fun distractions such as games and chatting to friends. You need to block these sites to stop yourself from using them at work. This is not good for your self-improvement, and, if your employer catches you, it also won’t be good for your career. Other distractions come from gossipy co-workers and text messages. Steer clear of these distractions to improve your work ethics. There’s a time and a place for distractions-it’s called ‘after work.’
47. Take baby steps- big projects are hard to tackle. However, the hardest part is always starting it. If you have to tackle a big project, break it up into smaller sections. A book is really only several different chapters. Think about this when you need to tackle your next big project. This can make the project a lot less overwhelming and greatly increases your chance of success.
48. Relax, once in a while- it’s okay to take a few minutes during the day for yourself, as long as it is not stopping your productivity. Many people can motor through a 10 hour working day without a break; most people, however, cannot. Use your breaks to their full potential but relaxing and recharging.
49. Take advantage of your peak time- everyone has a certain time during the day that they get the most work done. For many, this is in the morning. For others, this may be after lunch. Take advantage of your peak time by working through the hard tasks then.
50. Stop procrastinating- it’s sooooo easy to procrastinate. But it’s also sooooo bad for your work ethics to do so. Setting daily goals, using ‘To Do’ lists and small rewards for a job well done can all beat procrastination before it beats you.
51. Never stop learning- you are never too old to continue your education. Many people assume that they chose one career path and are stuck with this choice. Not true, especially not anymore. There are so many different ways to increase your education including online courses, distance education and night classes. Book clubs and other clubs can also increase your brainpower and help with self-improvement.
Self-Improvement Steps and Your Finances
Money money money…There’s no denying the importance of money and the stress it causes. In fact, one of the main reasons people feel worthless and have low self esteem is due to money-related issues. In these touch economical times, it’s more important than ever to gain control of your financial situation in order to gain control of your self-improvement.
52. Keep a financial spreadsheet- a financial spreadsheet is easy to make and is a perfect way to keep track of what’s going out and what’s coming in. Make sure you include everything from credit card purchases, memberships, insurance, groceries, cab rides and shopping trips. If you are spending more than you make, then you have a problem and need to re-adjust your spending habits.
53. Sweat the small stuff- the small stuff adds up. Those daily coffees, those weekly magazines and those monthly gym memberships all need to be accounted for when you look at your finances. Every penny counts.
54. Get help if you need it- there’s nothing wrong with asking for financial advice. In fact, this is one of the best ways to gain financial freedom and work towards financial and self-improvement. Find a financial adviser who can help you set goals and meet them.
55. Remain grounded- debt can be overwhelming. Really overwhelming. Furthermore, too much financial success can cause arrogance and rash financial planning. It’s important that whether you are in the red or profiting in the green, that you keep your head about it. Make smart financial decisions regardless of where you are. Don’t let the wealth go to your head and don’t let the debt get you down. Debt is part of life- you just need to take it one payment at a time.
56. ‘Sale’ does not mean ‘buy’- just because something is on sale does not mean you need to buy it. Resisting the bright lights of ‘half off’, ‘buy one get one free’ and ‘discounted item!’ is a big step to self-improvement.
57. Always Pay the Credit Card- try, with all your might, to get that credit card payment down. Credit card interest rate is one of the highest out there and it’s really easy to rack up a huge bill and forget about it. However, you will end up paying hundreds, if not thousands in interest, which can lead to more stress, more debt and more insecurity about your financial success. Try to limit your credit card spending for emergency only uses.
58. Discuss mortgage rates with your bank- your mortgage and interest rate is not set in stone. It’s a good idea to negotiate a better deal every once and a while. See what’s out there; talk to your bank manager; and make the most out of your options. Doing a little research can go a long way in the end.
59. Ditch the impulsive (and compulsive) buying- buy only what you need, not what you want. Impulse and compulsive buying can lead to buyer’s remorse (especially when the credit card bill arrives) which can negatively impact your self-esteem and self worth. We all love a good shopping trip; but during these tough economical times, it’s important to rise above the urge to shop and prove that you can do it.
60. Do the research- better deals on insurance, electricity rates and phone plans do exist! You just need to do the research and see if you can bag a better bargain. Because of the intense competition in our economy, many companies are constantly lowering the prices on their services that you need. Take advantage of this by shopping around, comparing rates and using a quote wizard online.
61. Use Savings Accounts wisely- they don’t call them ‘savings’ accounts for nothing! Set up a savings and a spending account. What you do with your savings account is up to you- perhaps you are saving for a holiday; perhaps you are putting money towards the kid’s education. Watching your savings account grow month after month, regardless of if you are contributing $10 or $1000 is an important step in gaining financial freedom and improving your money issues.
62. Consolidate; if you have to- consolidating your debts is a really smart move, especially when debt is starting to consume your life and impact negatively on your self-confidence. Debt consolidation can stop those annoying phone calls and overdue bills. Instead you pay one payment each month for all your different debts combined. It is much easier to manage and you can rest easy knowing that you are getting out of the red.
Fix Your Debt Issues – What Lies In Your Debt?
63. Concentrate on what you have and want, not what others have- this can be a really hard thing to do, especially when your neighbor is flaunting his brand new swimming pool and your co-worker just received a $3000 bonus but you didn’t. Take a deep breath and push past those jealous and frustrated feelings. Concentrate on your own goals for the financial future and prove that you are better than those petty feelings of resentment.
64. Swap High Interest for No Interest- one of the great things about the competition of credit cards is that it is possible to get no interest on bank transfers. This means you can swap your credit card debt to another financial institution and receive their low introductory rate. You can stand to save thousands of dollars in interest and pay off that looming credit card debt faster. This crafty financial move can leave you feeling proud and smart.
65. Think to the future- We all want to live for right now but it’s important to secure your financial future by investing in your retirement. Contributing to a 401 (k) plan or the equivalent can help you grow up, gain responsibility and improve your general financial understanding.
66. Work hard and work smart- although everyone wants to benefit from the get rich quick scheme, in most instances, the fastest way to the top of your financial success if through hard work. Hard work also helps to build character and demonstrates your ability to focus on a job and commit to something. All of these attributes are essential to improving your overall quality of life. Work is part of life- a big part, so why not be the best you can at it?
67. Understand your own financial journey- when it comes to our finances, not everyone is treated equal. While some may have to work full time from the moment they leave school, and still are scrapping by, others are handed a wad of cash, a house and a car from their parents or grandparents. Wealth is not distributed equally but it’s important to make the most of what you’ve been given. Everyone’s financial journey is different. You need to find your own path and follow it as best as you can.
68. Commit to your financial goals- if you want something, go for it! This can be easier said than done, but there is nothing more rewarding than saving up for something special and then buying it outright. Learning to budget, save and spend wisely are all critical steps for self-improvement.
Family and Relationships Self-Improvement Tips
When you have a family, your self-improvement does not stop with just you- your children and your spouse become a big part of you. It’s important to find the harmony in your family relationship in order to improve your overall self worth. Furthermore, for those looking for love, self-improvement often goes hand in hand with self-respect. The below tips are meant for both those looking for love and those looking to re-solidify and strengthen their relationship in order to improve their life fulfillment and their self importance.
69. Go out and have fun- if you are looking to meet someone, you have to put yourself out there. Do the things you love to do- dancing, visiting art galleries, seeing sports games, and/or going to movies. If you emerge yourself in your hobbies and make the effort to talk to those around you, then you will have a much better chance on not only meeting someone, but also finding someone with the same interests as you.
70. Bring sexy back- in order to look good on the outside, you need to feel great on the inside. However, that doesn’t mean you have to neglect your exterior! For the ladies out there- schedule a pampering day where you can get your nails done, your legs waxed and your face exfoliated. Treat yourself to a cute outfit and strut your stuff. For the men out there, choose an outfit that is casual cool, gel back that hair and drizzle on your sexiest cologne.
71. Respect yourself- and others will follow. If you treat your body, mind and soul poorly, then others will as well. Don’t let the opposite sex walk all over you. Stand proud and respect your body and your choices. Self-respect is one of the biggest obstacles to overcome on the road to self-improvement.
72. Be on the lookout for love- for those who lack confidence, mingling, flirting and dating can be a nightmare. However, retreating back to your shell is not going to be any better. You need to push past those fears and go out and mingle.
73. Don’t take it all to heart- there are good dates, and then there are bad dates. If you let those bad dates get to you, then you will never be able to enjoy those good dates again. Laugh about those awkward pauses and inappropriate comments. Don’t take it personally. Take it in stride and remember that every bad date just brings you one step closer to that perfect one.
74. Get naked! – This is a great self-improvement tip for both singles and couples. All you singleton’s out there, you need to really love your body in order to feel comfortable. So get naked and jump in front of that mirror- focus on things you love about your body and how you can enhance your best assets. For couples, getting naked and feeling sexual is an extremely important part of any healthy relationship.
75. Give and receive- relationships are never one sided, or at least they shouldn’t be. You need to be prepared to give, receive and compromise on almost every aspect of your life. This means you will have to give up some things and limit that selfish behavior. Letting someone else into your life is an important step towards self-improvement.
76. Make a date and keep it! – Many couples have trouble finding time for one another, which can lead to a big strain on their relationship, physically and emotionally. This, in turn, can lead to a feeling of failure and a loss of self worth. So what’s the cure? Easy- make time for one another. Set a certain time every day to spend together. This could be as simple as going for a brief walk, a coffee in the morning, or an uninterrupted dinner at night. Make the date, and keep it, no matter what.
77. Communicate- you’ve heard it before. Communication is vital for any strong relationship. Improve your relationship and your self-understanding by opening up, letting go and talking about what’s on your mind. It can be incredibly therapeutic. Share work stories, discuss movies, admit your feelings- open your mouth and talk. However, it’s equally important to listen as well!
78. Schedule singles (or alone) nights as well- too much together time can actually lead to a strain in your relationship and cause you to lose touch with your inner self. Make sure you still do alone activities as well as activities together. Go fishing with the boys or plan a Wine Wednesday with the ladies. Don’t lose touch with that independent streak that makes you, well, you.
79. Eat dinner together- for most families, eating every meal together can be impossible. The kids have school, you have work and it’s just not going to happen. However, scheduling a sit down dinner every night is a great way to reconnect and recharge as a family -no television, no telephone and no text messaging. This will improve your relationships with your kids and your spouse and keep you all connected to what’s going on in your independent lives.
80. Discover the power of touch- touch is an incredibly powerful sense, especially when it is used to express love. A mother’s touch is soothing for a child and a husband’s touch can be sensual and romantic. Improve your family relationships by giving plenty of cuddles, kisses and family hugs.
81. Be more than a parent- many parents have trouble improving themselves when they see their children struggling. This is why you need to be both their Mom or Dad, and their teacher. Let them know you are there for them. Help them with schoolwork, work on their spelling and play reading games with them. When your child is having trouble in school, then so are you.
82. Choose hobbies that everyone can enjoy- families who laugh together, stay together. Make sure you involve all members of your family in activities. Camping, picnics, boating and fishing can be fun for the whole family. When you are spending more time doing activities alone than with your family, then this can lead to a disconnection and discontent. Reconnect and improve these relationships.
83. Travel together- family vacations are a great way to break out of that dull pattern and see the world through someone else’s eyes. Furthermore, for couples, taking a vacation somewhere out of the ordinary can bring back that spark that may have fizzled out. Discovering the sights and re-discovering each other in a foreign setting can be sexy and exciting.
84. Share the responsibility- Mom shouldn’t always be in charge of cooking and cleaning. Make sure everyone helps out, including Dad. Split up the chores so that the kids are helping with the dishes and so Dad is helping with laundry. This can take the household stresses away from Mom, help teach the children about responsibility and bring the family closer together.
85. The little things make all the difference- flowers to let her know you are thinking about her, a small chocolate treat for a great game of soccer, and a goofy text message just to say hello all put a smile on their faces and help strengthen those ever-important relationships.
Reaching your Goals: Self-Improvement and Success
One of the best ways to self improve is to accomplish your goals. This can lead to pride, to self-respect and to a better sense of responsibility.
86. Recognise your own path- when it comes to reaching your goals and improving your life, you need to be the leader. You are in control of what you want and your goals should come down to you and you alone. Just because your Dad wants you to be a lawyer and your Mom wants you to have 5 children does not mean this is what you have to do- it’s your life and thus, you are the boss.
87. Disassociate yourself from negativity- in the same way positive thoughts lead to positive results, negative thoughts leads to negative results. Negativity may be all around you- bitchy co-workers; unhappy neighbors; a depressing partner. Disassociate yourself from those types of people. You are in a happy, positive place- no negativity allowed.
88. Define your goals clearly- goals are what make life worth living. Think long and hard about what you want to accomplish and how you are going to get there. Make steps, include financial costs and put in as much detail as possible- the more defined your goals are, the easier they will be to achieve (and the more rewarding when you get there).
89. Push jealously aside- when you watch someone on a parallel path reaching their goals a lot sooner, it can be hard to sit back and be happy for them. But this is what you are going to have to do. Getting rid of this envy and resentment is a big hurdle in improving your self. But, once you overcome these feelings, you are a lot closer to reaching a state of Zen-like success.
90. Use visual reminders as boosters- being able to clearly see your goal can help motivate you and keep you focused on your game plan. Many people will post a picture of their ‘dream body’ on the fridge when they are trying to lose weight. Others will use their ‘dream car’ as their computer screen saver at work when those tough days get them down. A visual reminder can boost your motivation and drive to succeed.
91. See yourself at the end- as mentioned above, visualization is vital to reach your goal and improve your self. This is why it’s important to visualize yourself there. See yourself fitting into that size 10. Feel the breeze on your cheeks as you drive that sports car. Seeing is believing.
92. Use timelines- tracking your success can help you put your goal into perspective and see how far you’ve already come. It’s important for self-improvement that you recognize your feats and be proud of what you have doing, or are planning to do.
93. Reward yourself on the way- be happy with your progress. Whether your goal will take you twenty days or twenty years doesn’t matter the important thing is that you are doing it. You are getting there. To keep yourself motivated every step of the way, you need to reward yourself with small treats. Be proud of how far you have come and prepare for the journey ahead.
94. Look for role models- look to those who are on the same path as you for inspiration. Perhaps this is a CEO of the company; perhaps this is your father. Try to immerse yourself in their life and ask questions. Their positive energy may just rub off on you. And, if not, at least you are learning from the experts how to get where you want to go.
95. Make room for failure- it can’t be a smooth road all the time- there has to be plenty of bumps along the way. In fact, it is these bumps that make the road worth travelling. Failure is a big part of our lives and we need to learn to live, love and laugh at failure rather than give in to it. Henry Ford once said that every failed attempt is just another opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. Failure is experience and experience is power.
You You You! Self-Improvement Tips for Your Overall Well Being
We’ve saved the best for last. These uber uplifting and furiously fun self-improvement tips are for you and you alone.
96. Laugh out loud- laugh until your cheeks hurt, laugh until your stomach aches, and laugh until the tears are rolling down your face. You’ve heard it before; laughter is the best medicine.
97. Set daily goals- self-improvement comes from within which is why you need to work towards setting your own goals each day. This could be work related, diet related or anything else related. Start small and always reward yourself for meeting the challenges of your daily goals. If you don’t make a goal, then don’t worry about it. Move on to tomorrow.
98. Buy sexy undies- for all you ladies out there, feel proud of your body with sexy underwear and lingerie. Matching lingerie can also do the trick. Strut through the day knowing you look good underneath those clothes.
99. Face you fears- are you afraid of heights? Go skydiving. This is one of the most liberating things you can do. When you look your fear in the eye and go for it, even though you feel like you might die, you never look back.
100. Travel to a foreign place- seeing the sights of a different culture is one of the greatest pleasures in life. Not only will it open your mind to new things, but it will also enhance your love for home and increase your sense of what’s important. Travelling is one the best ways to find yourself, especially when you chose to travel independently.
101. Have Fun- life is not always about work. You need to find that balance. Try to schedule something that is you love to do for at least once a month. This could involve drinks with friends, camping with family or simply indulging in a day of “you”.
102. Dress up once and a while- okay, so prom was ages ago, but this does not mean you cannot doll yourself up once in a while. Putting on a beautiful gown or tuxedo and spending money on new shoes and a new haircut can make you feel like a Princess, or a Prince. And every person deserves to feel special once and a while.
103. Express your Love- tell your Mom you love her; call up a friend and let her know she’s the best, for no reason at all. Showing others how much you mean to them will help you realize how important they really are, and how lucky you are to have them in your life. Knowing that they feel the same about you can truly boost your self-confidence and importance.
104. Make time for Hobbies- it’s important for people to have hobbies. As we get older it’s easy to stop those extra-curricular activities that you loved as a child such as sports. Look for adult activities such as soccer teams, book clubs, rowing clubs or bird watching groups. Keep your passions alive by re-connecting with the hobbies and activities that you once loved.
105. Look down- take a hike to the top of a cliff that overlooks the city, or jump on an elevator and ride the lift to the top floor and look down. Seeing the world from this above can really put things into a new perspective.
106. Break the Pattern- get up, work, home, gym, dinner, TV, sleep. Does this sound like your pattern to life, or something similar? Break it up.
107. Find a Balance- it’s all about harmony. Finding that perfect balance comes down to mind, body and spirit. Work on perfecting all three to gain self-importance.
108. Live for the Now- sure, you need to plan for the future, but live for the moment! This can be a little tricky but the key is to find that balance between saving for tomorrow and living for today. Opt for a savings account for the future and keep a special account for the Now, just in case you see a beautiful dress on sale, or you and your buddies decide to rush off to Vegas for the weekend.
109. Learn something new- knowledge is power. Whether this is learning a new language, just for the sake of it, learning how to cook, or learning how to make pottery, you are never too old to learn. Learning will keep your mind active and helps improve your sense of self worth.
110. Dance like there’s no one watching- this may seem like an odd choice to end our ever important 110 Self-Improvement Tips on, but, in a sense, it’s the most important tip.
This is because, in order to really find your self worth and truly love your life, to you need feel it from the inside. You need to let go of all the stresses and insecurities of your surroundings including your finances, your family, your relationships and your career. So put on your favorite song and release all of insecurities by jiving around your living room.
Dance away those work dramas.
Dance away those relationship issues.
Dance away those money woes.
Dance your way to self-improvement.
Self-improvement is a long journey that sometimes may feel like an uphill battle both ways. Why walk through the bumps and jolts when you can dance?
So, our last self-improvement tip comes from the advice of David Bowie: Just Dance.
The rest will fall into place.